Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sentiment Text Analysis

ynwkm
7 - Meteor

Hello, I am new to Alteryx but have worked with SAS EM a bit before.

(All in all, a newbie.)

I have a column labeled "issues" which has records of sentences detailing issues.

With this, what would be the best way to identify key issues aside from counting key words and sorting them from there?

Another question is: is it possible to do base level sentiment analysis without the use of R, Python, etc.?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

There's a lot of great use cases with nlp in the Alteryx universe. You can search the Data Science blog for the "NLP" tag to get started:
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Data-Science-Blog/bg-p/Data-Science-Blog/label-name/nlp

@ynwkm wrote:

Another question is: is it possible to do base level sentiment analysis without the use of R, Python, etc.?

There's a recently(?)-coined term for this: "Base A", which means, base Alteryx with no R, Python, SDK tools, Run Command, etc. While I'm sure it's possible to perform nearly any computational step with "Base A", as always, it's a matter of "is it worth the time?". 

ynwkm
7 - Meteor

@CharlieS wrote:

There's a recently(?)-coined term for this: "Base A", which means, base Alteryx with no R, Python, SDK tools, Run Command, etc.

Good to know!

While I'm sure it's possible to perform nearly any computational step with "Base A", as always, it's a matter of "is it worth the time?". 

Right, I don't want to make a super complicated workflow. That will take a long time. 

Thank you!

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Happy to help!

Otherwise, a simple word count can be done in a few tools. See attached.

Labels