Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Sending a report with overlay tool is not working properly

albert_alaluf
9 - Comet

Hello all,

This is about the challenge #350.

I changed the case a little bit. No big deal, just I want to send the result message as an email message. So I just added email tool. However, the output is coming as on email body not as combined.

This is the result.

albert_alaluf_0-1671543227479.png

This is the email message.

albert_alaluf_1-1671543326653.png

I'm not able to find where is the problem? I create the image properly. But when send as email message, it doesn't. Either this is a bug or I'm missing something. Before reporting to support team, I want to hear your opinions.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hey @albert_alaluf 

Try using the "report text" tool and pass the overlay output through (as shown in the screenshot below) using expert mode.

In the body of the email you can pass the field that was created by the report text tool and it should render properly. 

gautiergodard_0-1671548992532.png

Hope this helps!

albert_alaluf
9 - Comet

Hi @gautiergodard ,

If I understand you correctly, please see below. I will change this workflow when I fix this. The goal is to add people name, and sending different messages with different backgrounds. I believe this gonna be either batch or iterative macro. I will figure it out this after this issue.

albert_alaluf_0-1671554318730.png

So.... 

albert_alaluf_1-1671554372693.png

albert_alaluf_2-1671554407682.png

albert_alaluf_3-1671554476296.png

albert_alaluf_4-1671554544158.png

The result didn't change. At the end, I can see in the Browse the the image I created and output image is still fine. But email not. I see in two lines.

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

hey @albert_alaluf 

If you would like to send individual emails to people and dynamically adjust the names in the card, you can do something like the attached.

I've also added a layout too after the overlay which should help with the grouping of the images.

Hope this helps!

albert_alaluf
9 - Comet

Thank you for your reply. I'm sill negative. I just added my company's SMTP server. Here is the result. The image file you created, is fine. I'm suspicious maybe this is Chrome Gmail issue?

albert_alaluf_0-1671555680635.png

SUMEDHADS
5 - Atom

Not sure, if this was solved. Today while I was trying to email output a simile kind of use case, the solutions mentioned in the thread didn’t work for me as well. However, I was able to figure out a new solution which worked for me.

Solution: Output the overlay into a .png file using render tool. Then read the same png file using image tool and then output into email tool.

Labels