Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sending Automated Emails

nkrupabd
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I'm working on a project where i need to send Emails of Employee details to their respective managers , Is there a way I can do this.

Please help me with this .

Thank you.

18 REPLIES 18
nkrupabd
8 - Asteroid

It is able to open the first ID details and if u see the error it is not able to open the second ID 

Email (31) Record#1: Error Opening file: C:\Users\nkrupabd\AppData\Local\Temp\Engine_12608_592cf7f0820744cfa0c5122dd12abf09_\12345678_Employee_Report.xlsx: The system cannot find the file specified. (2)

Robin_McIntosh
11 - Bolide

Can you attach your workflow with sensitive data redacted?  Does the example workflow I sent work without errors after updating the Email and file path info?

nkrupabd
8 - Asteroid

I'm attaching a screen shot as it contains sensitive data i cannot share the workflow

nkrupabd_0-1658322152178.png

Robin_McIntosh
11 - Bolide

Please try a fixed file path rather than the temp.  No issues with a fixed path but every time I run it using the [Engine.TempFilePath], I get the same error.  This way I will always have a copy of the file in the static path if I ever need it.

The error is due to the Render Tool's Output Mode set to specific file path rather than the Tempory path.  Even if I change the Render tool to a Temporary path and update the formula to only reference [Engine.TempFilePath], I get an Access is Denied error.  This reminded me of why I always do a fixed path. 

nkrupabd
8 - Asteroid

Thank you, I used the fixed path and unfortunately it is still throwing the same error.

Robin_McIntosh
11 - Bolide

Back to my question, does the example workflow I supplied work when you update the email addresses, fixed file path, Email SMTP, etc?

nkrupabd
8 - Asteroid

Thanks a lot , it worked . Really appreciate the quick response.

Robin_McIntosh
11 - Bolide

@nkrupabd No problem, glad it's finally working for you.  Please remember to mark appropriate working response as a solution.

Robin_McIntosh
11 - Bolide

@nkrupabd - Here's an updated version using the temp file rather than a fixed file path if you need it.

Robin_McIntosh_0-1659012855399.png

Robin_McIntosh_1-1659012887377.png

Labels