Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Send email only if

danloz
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Here's my project:  

-I've got a live data source that I will query for some bulk data

-Alteryx will do some magic to evaluate the bulk data for records that meet certain criteria. 

-Once done, if records meet that criteria, it will put them in an email and send out an alert to some users.  

I've got most of it figured out! 

My question though is what's the right way to get Alteryx to decide whether to send the email.  I've put a screenshot below of where I expect this step to take place, I guess regardless of whether results are returned in the table, that and the report message will get passed to the email anyway.  

danloz_0-1627397527052.png

2 REPLIES 2
MichaelSu
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @danloz ,

I would recommend using a Message tool to test your criteria. If your criteria is / is not met, you can cause the workflow to error out, shoot a warning message, or complete successfully. 

Once you have the Message tool criteria set, leverage the 'Events' tab in the Configuration pane in order to send out the email if the criteria is / is not met.

MichaelSu_0-1627399830030.png

MichaelSu_1-1627399864255.png

Thanks,

Mike

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @danloz 

If you want to send email only when row count>0 you can pass email To list from a column through formula tool.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_1-1627400324339.png

1st Scenario: row count = 0, that means no rows hence no To field will be passed thereby no mail sent.

2nd Scenario: row count >0, that there is a row and To field will be passed and mail will be sent.

Hope this helps : )

Labels