Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Select rows between 2 specific rows

Pankhudri20
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I was able to extract the pdf to excel as is and now I have to clean and extract only the tables.

Is there a way to include the data between 2 specific rows?

For example,

I want all rows after row "Your itemized details" and before row " Page no 5 of 45".

I am really stuck at this point and nothing seems to be working. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Pankhudri

4 REPLIES 4
Ben_H
11 - Bolide

Hi @Pankhudri20,

The Select Records tool could be what you need.

The easiest way to find it is with the search box at the top right of your window.

Ben_H_0-1613748592677.png

It allows you to pick which rows of data you want -

So for instance 10+ would return every row from 10 onwards, 15 - 30 would return rows 15 to 30.

Regards,

Ben

Pankhudri20
8 - Asteroid

Hello @Ben_H ,

Thank you for your quick response!

I do not want to hard code the row number since its an dynamic invoice pdf and the row numbers will not be same. Also, i need to extract multiple tables from the same file so I can use the same expression format for all.

Regards,

Pankhudri

Ben_H
11 - Bolide

Hi @Pankhudri20 ,

Fair enough, you can do an equivalent thing by adding a record ID.

If you add a record ID, then create a fields to hold the range you need -

Create a range start field - something like iif(contains([your text here],"Your itemized details"),[RecordID],null())

Do the same for range end with some text you know will be at the end of the section you need.

You can then append the start and end values to your main stream and just filter on RecordID - i.e. [RecordID] >= [RangeStart] and [RecordID] <=[RangeEnd]

Hope that makes sense.

Regards,

Ben

Pankhudri20
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @Ben_H ,

I will try that now.

Regards,

Pankhudri

Labels