Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Select certain age group based on trade area/ethnicity breakdown

hprice
6 - Meteoroid

Our HR team asked if we could recreate a report that Experian had been providing that breaks down ethnicity by store location. It was done at a 25 mile radius. I have the ethnicity breakdown by location figured out. The piece that's throwing me, is an additional filter Experian added to only include people 65 and under. Is this doable with Alteryx or was this only something Experian can do with access to the raw data?

4 REPLIES 4
Prometheus
12 - Quasar

@hprice Could you please upload some dummy data so we have something to work with to provide a suggestion or solution?

hprice
6 - Meteoroid

Output from Alteryx is attached. What I need to be able to do is, filter out anyone that is over 65 from the data. Not sure if that's doable with what Experian provides in the data package.

Prometheus
12 - Quasar

@hprice These fields are all counts of people of certain races/ethnicities. There's nothing about age. If you can get a dataset that contains a field identifying age, then you can filter it out.

hprice
6 - Meteoroid

I figured out a solution. Within each ethnicity group there are age variables that I can select to get the group needed.

Labels