Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Segregation of Duties

Hussein982
8 - Asteroid

Hi All: I am reaching out for a help.

The goal here is to find out if the same person who submit an purchase order also approves the same purchase order. Hence, its a fail due to the segregation of duties issues. (You will notice in the below table that transaction # 4 is an anomaly).

You will notice that Transaction # 1 (Alan submit the PO and Dani approves it) which is fine.

Same thing on Transaction # 2 (Carl submit the PO and Alex and Fred approves it). Same applies to Transaction 3. 

The goal is to identify if I have anomalies similar to transaction 4. 

Appreciate if you could provide any workflow. 

Thank you in advance. 

Approval Action Approval sequence Approval sequence 1Approval sequence 2Approval sequence 3Approval sequence 4
Transaction 1submit; approveAlan; DaniAlanDani--
Transaction 2submit; approve;approveCarl;Alex;FredCarlAlexFred-
Transaction 3submit; approve;approve;approveMark;Mauris;Jilbert;MagiMarkMaurisJilbertMagi
Transaction 4submit; approveAlan S.Alan S.---
8 REPLIES 8
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @Hussein982 

Could you provide more examples (if possible, all possible examples) of what you would consider a fraud?

For this specific case of the Transaction 4, an easy way of knowing if something is a fraud is to see if the cell contains ;. If there is no ; there is no registered approval sequence.

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1675192945126.png

Hussein982
8 - Asteroid

@Felipe_Ribeir0  thank you so much for your prompt answer. 

What would be considered a fraud or an exception is that the same person is submitting and approving a Purchase Order. The submission person has be completely different than the person who is approving a PO. 

Approval SequenceApproval Action Result
Der, benjaminSubmit, approvePass
Sami, Ali;Fadi;TamerSubmit, approve, approvePass
philip S,Dani,philip S,phlip SSubmit, approve, submit,approveFail

Hussein982
8 - Asteroid

@Felipe_Ribeir0 I appreciate if you Could you please send me the actual workflow. The one attached in your previous message was just a picture. 

Thank you Felipe.

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @Hussein982 

Sorry, now i understood. Try the attached workflow

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1675195259881.png

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

-

Hussein982
8 - Asteroid

@Felipe_Ribeir0  This is very much helpful. It worked out for what I am trying to achieve. Appreciate your help. Definitely the second workflow was way easier :) 

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @Hussein982 

i deleted the second workflow from here after seeing that it is possible to have more than 1 submit and it would be ok. This means that the count alone is not enough. If this is the case. the first workflow is more correct i believe.

Approval SequenceApproval Action Result
Der, benjaminSubmit, approvePass
Sami, Ali;Fadi;TamerSubmit, approve, approvePass
philip S,Dani,philip SSubmit, approve, submitPass
Hussein982
8 - Asteroid

@Felipe_Ribeir0 I agreed Felipe and I managed to use the first workflow efficiently. Appreciate taking the time to help and solve the issue.

Labels