Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Scheduler throwing error while manually workflow is working (Version 2018.3)

Deba93
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone, I have a workflow which has been scheduled to run at a particular time. The scheduler is running with error that it is unable to access a network path. Attached is the error which it is showing

Deba93_1-1618982970478.png

Rest all other schedules are working. But this is causing an issue as a result the data moving forward is going wrong.

Regards,

Deba93

7 REPLIES 7
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Deba93 ,

When you run the workflow manually does it work? If so, this is running as your username, but when scheduled to run it runs via the Alteryx service user account. This account needs to be granted access to that network drive.

Also, you need to check that the Alteryx server can actually connect to that network drive. If your Alteryx server is on a cloud platform, such as AWS, then you won't be able to map an internal network drive. In that case I would recommend using S3, for example.

M.

Bulien

Deba93
8 - Asteroid

Yes it does run on manual intervention. Okay got your point, but how to understand what is the Alteryx service account? I mean to how to check that,

Thanks,

Deba

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No problem, on the server go to the services that are running and find the Alteryx service:

mceleavey_0-1619003606704.png

Right-click and select "Properties", then click the "Log On" tab. This will show which account is set as the Alteryx service account.

If it is not set up, then it is strongly recommended you do so, and grant network access to that account.

M.

Bulien

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Deba93 

The Alteryx scheduler, whether it's on Alteryx server or just in Designer with Scheduler runs using a specific Account.  You can see this account in the system settings on the Run the Worker as a Different User page  This account needs to have access the location where your shared files are located.

Dan

Deba93
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

So the path is a network drive and I have given access to the account which have been created in Run the worker as a different user. But still it is saying Invalid directory <network path> access is denied. 
So I am using a directory input which is extracting all the files from the folder followed by a dynamic input to process the files. If it might be of any help to you for understanding the situation

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Deba93 

Check to see if you can access the path in File Explorer when logged on to the server as the "Run as" account.

Dan 

Deba93
8 - Asteroid

I am able to access them from windows explorer and also this issue I am facing in Alteryx Designer 2018.3

Labels