Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Scheduled a Workflow in the Alteryx Galley , but it keeps failing

ashokkumar1
8 - Asteroid

Workflow scheduled but could not able to run in server shows the attached error.

Kindly please help me on the same ASAP. Thank you 

5 REPLIES 5

Hello @ashokkumar1 

Would you please confirm that the server has access to the location where the file is saved? Cheers!

ashokkumar1
8 - Asteroid

Hi @christine_assaad 

Thanks for your response.

I am not sure about that how do we check weather server has access or not?

Kindly please let me know

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The machine where the Server is installed, also has Designer installed. You can open and run the workflow from that instance of Designer to check to see if your Server has appropriate access to the file location. Your admin will most likely need to do this for you.

Also, I suggest using UNC paths for your files. See this post for more information: 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Scheduled-Workflow-not-able-to-read-fi... 

ashokkumar1
8 - Asteroid

Hi @echuong1 

I tried running the workflow where server and designer are in same machine but the error is same as attached and below 

Error: Output Data (13): Error opening file: L:\16. 

particular instance when i select UNC and Test the run it shows Directory does not exit

your inputs are very helpful here. Thank you

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @ashokkumar1 

If you look at the error - it refers to L:\ - if L: is a mapped drive on your designer machine then this will fail when you put it on the server, because L: is not mapped to the same place.

So - first step, any workflows you publish to the server should us UNC path to refer to a fully formed network path like \\server\share\foldername.    In this case, server even tells you which tool is throwing the error.

Second - you need to make sure that your server has write access to that folder.    Simplest way to do this is to write a 2 tool alteryx canvas that writes a text file in that location - and if it works then your server has write access, if not then you need to grant access (that folder needs to allow the Alteryx Server's server account to have access - you may need your network people to assist with this if you've not done this before).

Finally - whenever you have an error on the Server that you didn't have when you ran on desktop - create simple mockup alteryx canvasses to test things like access or passwords - this fixes / pinpoints the majority of issues very quikly.

Labels