Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Saving the workflow on Alteryx Gallery

SubbuSharma
8 - Asteroid

Hello, 

I am trying to save the attached workflow on Alteryx Gallery and before I do that would like to know if there is a way to dynamically pull the latest file into the input tool.

Catch is, this is a weekly report and the file name/date "Compliance Weekly Regulatory Activity Update - Nov 28 2022 - CIBC.xlsm" changes every week (pls see bold/underlined words). Please see workflow attached and advice if there is a better way to pull the latest file from the folder.

Just FYI .. I did try inputting * in the input tool path to pull the latest file however, the gallery is not allowing me to save it.

Actual Path : Analytics\Analytics\Weekly RD Report\Current Week Report\Compliance Weekly Regulatory Activity Update - Nov 28 2022 - CIBC.xlsm

Path I tried saving on Gallery: "Analytics\Analytics\Weekly RD Report\Current Week Report\Compliance Weekly Regulatory Activity Update *.xlsm" 

2 REPLIES 2
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @SubbuSharma

You are close, but for your path you are trying to save on the gallery you need a formula tool to create the file path dynamically. For example, doing something like this might get you close:

"Analytics\Analytics\Weekly RD Report\Current Week Report\Compliance Weekly Regulatory Activity Update " + ToString(DateTimeToday()) + "- CIBC.xlsx|||SheetName$"

Then you would use the option in the Output data tool to replace the entire path. If you are trying to use something other than today's date then you would need to adjust the formula accordingly. 

SubbuSharma
8 - Asteroid

Hi @BrandonB 

Thank you. Since it's a weekly report, the date which is part of the file name changes every week. 

For instance the file names would be - 

1) Compliance Weekly Regulatory Activity Update 02/Jan/2023

2) Compliance Weekly Regulatory Activity Update 09/Jan/2023

3) Compliance Weekly Regulatory Activity Update 16/Jan/2023

is there any possible solution to tackle this. Please let me know.

Labels