Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sample Tool XML Configuration Analysis

RSreeSurya
9 - Comet

Hi All,

I am trying to understand the difference between  <GroupFields orderChanged="True"> &  <GroupFields orderChanged="False"> in XML of Sample Tool. Please find attached screenshots. I am not able to understand how it impacts the output, what is it's significance. 

Thanks in advance. 

Regards,

Supraja Ramireddy

RNSupraja_0-1684824196995.pngRNSupraja_1-1684824215511.png

7 REPLIES 7
RSreeSurya
9 - Comet

Hi All,

Any inputs on above query would be very helpful. 

Thanks. 

tristank
11 - Bolide

Hi @RSreeSurya 

I couldn't find much information on this but I did find a post where the 'order changed' xml was used in the select tool to change the order of the columns.

Based off of that, we can assume that the true / false may relate to how the output is structured if a group by is used in the sample tool. 

That said it is just speculation and may be good to test a bit.

Have a great day and tell us what the solution ends up being!

tristank_0-1685380384235.png

RSreeSurya
9 - Comet

Hi @tristank ,

Thanks for the explanation. 

Yes in the select tool when the columns are re-ordered, OrderChanged changes to 'True'. For Sample Tool Groupfields Orderchanged = 'True' , neither columns order nor the data is changing. I will explore more on this and if I find any reasoning, I will share here. 

RSreeSurya
9 - Comet

Hi Community,

I am still not being able to figure out the difference. Any inputs on above query would be really helpful.

Thanks. 

tristank
11 - Bolide

I asked some people internally and played around with the xml. A top Alteryx user said the following:

so - this is pure speculation, but my guess is there is no difference - they've just grabbed code from the select tool where order changing is a thing, and not properly scrubbed it.

Absolutely impossible to test or confirm other than by chatting with the devs though

Our second guess is maybe it was something that existed in an older version but we haven't been able to compare

tristank
11 - Bolide

One more note from another pro Alteryx User:

"I imagine it's an AMP thing, if you enable AMP then the order the data can come in will be dependent on the processors etc, whereas the old tool guaranteed an order from this tool which you could use downstream"

RSreeSurya
9 - Comet

Hi @tristank ,

Thank you for checking internally and for your time. I really appreciate your efforts , your inputs are helpful.

Labels