Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Salesforce input tool error

AdwaitTarudkar
8 - Asteroid

Hi folks,

I hope someone is able to help or answer my issue.

I have been getting this error on the salesforce input tool (snip attached below). The workflow works well for a few days and breaks after that by throwing the below error (Is there any known reason for this issue?). The way to fix this is to re-login into Salesforce from the input tool which is a temporary fix. But the question is- is there a permanent fix to this? and if someone is dealing with Salesforce data in a different way. For example- pulling salesforce data straight into Tableau instead of putting it into Alteryx for any pipeline?

Appreciate any input into this.

Cheers,

5 REPLIES 5
AdwaitTarudkar
8 - Asteroid

I must say, I'm a bit surprised that nobody has responded to this message yet. 😅

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@AdwaitTarudkar 

I don't know how your Salesforce input tool is configured. It happens that the connection token expires after a certain time but this error message would not be

AdwaitTarudkar
8 - Asteroid

Hi @geraldo , 
Appreciate your response! 
Are you talking about the security token in the configuration of the salesforce input tool? I left it blank so far, assuming it was the default setting. Are there any other options I should consider when entering a security token?

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@AdwaitTarudkar 

My salesforce input tool was setup by admin. he put the user and password data. The token's connection time I believe is one week without disconnecting, but it shouldn't be your problem

AdwaitTarudkar
8 - Asteroid

Hi @geraldo 
Would it be possible for you to provide a snippet of your security token configuration? It's important to consider its potential impact on the background workflow schedule.

Labels