Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Salesforce Connection Issues

aarabian
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I have entered in my company's unique Salesforce URL, my username, and my security token, and I disabled the password macro because my logon for Salesforce is through SSO. But now when I try to connect, I get "INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out" (See attached image). The image also shows the "Table name is required" error but I am ignoring that for now because that will resolve once the connection is able to establish. Additionally, I have reset my security token, made sure my username is my whole email address, and made sure I am not using our lightning URL (per information I found in other community articles).

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated because I have tried everything the community and KB has to offer regarding this error message but to no avail. I am sure it has something to do with the password field but I was unable to find any other workarounds for SSO logins other than disabling the password macro in the Salesforce input tool.

3 REPLIES 3
mnorberg
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @aarabian,

Unfortunately, the Salesforce Input connector is hard-wired to require a password even if the password macro is disabled. This post discusses the issue. As mentioned in the post, there is a workaround method but it may be easier to use a non-SSO account.

I'd recommend submitting an Idea for this or checking if a similar Idea has already been submitted if this has a significant impact to you and other users in your company. That way, our product team will be made aware of the issue.

aarabian
6 - Meteoroid

Ok, thank you for the response. That is unfortunate but I will see if an idea has already been submitted for this to maybe be added in a later version.

AndyEllis
7 - Meteor

Using Service Console, the way i was able to get around this was by signing in using the SSO then going to the change password screen and changing the password, that rests the token and the password. Provide the Alteryx tool that password and token and it works, without changing my Okta based sign in to the front end. 

Basically it gives you one password to access the api and one to access the front end. 

Obviously, this a thing you should check on before you do and I'm not sure if this will work for you, but it is currently working for me and my team.

Labels