Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Salesforce Connecting query existing report

Carluccio555
9 - Comet

Hi, Im connected to Salesforce and I can see a list of existing reports but when I run the workflow the input looks like this:

image.png

How can I get the actual report data?

Also if anyone has any idea which Salesforce tables I should be querying in the query builder to get me started that would be super helpful,

7 REPLIES 7
geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@Carluccio555 

In the developer tools tag there is the json parse tool and connect the salesforce output.

Hammad_Rashid
11 - Bolide

Input Format Issue: The input format you're seeing ({"attributes": {"completionDate": "2023-11-27T16...) suggests that the data is coming in JSON format. Alteryx might not be interpreting it correctly, or the Salesforce data may need to be parsed appropriately.

Potential Solutions:

• JSON Parse Tool: You mentioned the JSON Parse tool in the developer tools tag. This tool can be used to parse JSON data and convert it into a tabular format that Alteryx can work with. Connect the output of the Salesforce tool to the JSON Parse tool and configure it to handle the JSON structure correctly.

Make sure to explore the parsed data using tools like Select or Browse to verify that the data is in the expected format.

• Query Builder and Salesforce Tables: If you're trying to query specific tables in Salesforce, the Salesforce Input tool in Alteryx allows you to use the Query Builder to select the objects (tables) and fields you want to retrieve.

In Alteryx, drag the Salesforce Input tool onto the canvas, and in the configuration, you can use the Query Builder to select the Salesforce object you want to query. Choose the fields you need and configure any filters.

Carluccio555
9 - Comet

Thanks but when I try to config and run the JSON tool there is no option to select the 'JSON' field in the config drop-down:

image.png

Here is my SF input config to simply pull an existing SF report:

image.png

I have tried with the 'Parse Report Results' checked and unchecked but still no luck

Thanks

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@Carluccio555 

Did you connect the json parse tool to salesforce input and the JSON field did not appear as an option after you ran the workflow?
Place a select tool between both

salesforce.JPG

Carluccio555
9 - Comet

I am able to select the JSON field now I've put a SELECT tool between the SF input and the parse.

What I have now is a single column (the output data specific is 3 columns but useless)  that will require a lot of manipulation to look like the reporting format from SF original report.

Is this just how it is with the SF connector? Significant manipulation of a JSON to reproduce a simple SF report? Would be interested in perspective of users of this connector.

Thanks

Carluccio555
9 - Comet

Seems to be limited to 2k rows also, thinking this connector is completely useless for most?

image.png

Jdie91
5 - Atom

h it's so useless. I'm havin gthe exact same trouble.

Labels