Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Running a Batch Macro for Multiple Files with Different tab names

SaxeNorton
5 - Atom

Hi.  I am trying to run the same workflow for multiple files (which each have different tab names) using a batch macro.  I have used the same batch macro workflow before to consolidate multiple files into one sheet.  I have tried to adjust it so that each file is run separately through the workflow.  The issue I am having is that in the past all of the tab names have been the same but they are different in the files I am now using and so the macro is only working for the one tab name which I currently have in the formula tool in the Snip below.  Is there a way for me to change the formula tool to allow the macro to run any tab in the file (as each file only has one tab).  Help is much appreciated.  Kind regards, Saxe.  

2 REPLIES 2
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@SaxeNorton 
I belive this will help you.

And if you could upload the macro, maybe we can give a try.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Input-Multiple-Excel-sheets-with-a-...

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @SaxeNorton 

If you know the name of the sheets you can definitely use this macro to load the tabs all at once.

Use the fullpath with the sheet names to open it.

Please let me know if you have any questions to set it up.

Labels