Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Run multiple workflows after one another when run successfully.

arsh011
8 - Asteroid

I have 4 workflows:

1. Wf in which python script runs and download files from a website and store into a folder.

2. WF that uses the downloaded files and push the data into DB table 1.

3. WF that uses the downloaded files and push the data into DB table 2.

4. WF that uses the downloaded files and push the data into DB table 3.

I want to run all of them in a manner like first my python script Wf runs successfully then the rest 3 WF runs and pushed the data into tables and if the Python Script WF failed then dont run the rest workflows.  I also want to schedule them into the gallery as well.

Please help me , how can I achieve this??

One more question can I use crew macros in alteryx gallery?

4 REPLIES 4
aniketsutar27
5 - Atom

Hello,

I think this would be the good example, you can refer this link - Chaining Workflows Together - Alteryx Community

arsh011
8 - Asteroid

Thanks,

But there are two things first Crew Macros are not supported on gallery and second thing is analytic app not able to schedule, then the only option is to go by Events method, apart from these is there any other way to do that?

StellaBon
11 - Bolide

@arsh011 Check out the new Control Containers!  There are ways to set up a Macro to do this with containers and a formula, but Control Containers has been specifically created to do this without having to configure a batch macro formula. Here's the documentation:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Control-Containers-Take-Control-of-Your-Workflow/ba-p/... 

Hope this helps, 

StellaBon

ChrisWaspe
9 - Comet

Hi @arsh011 . If you have access to the server where the Alteryx Controller is installed you could create a batch script which uses the AlteryxEngineCmd.exe command, allowing you to sequentially run the workflows. You can then schedule that script as needed. Please be sure to engage with IT when doing something like this

Labels