Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Run SQL Stored Procedure with parameter in Alteryx

lumjingbki
8 - Asteroid

Hi am trying to execute a SQL Stored Procedure from Input tool. After I set up the connection I am able to see the SP and its parameters, Data type and value in the "Stored Procedures" tab. I am int data type as parameter. When I run or test connection I get error stating "No columns returned".

Please note:

- I have tried executing the same SP with parameters in SQL studio and am getting the data as required.

- I have checked and my connection is correctly mapped in Alteryx as I am able to query tables from alteryx using select statement

- I have also tried giving ' ' single quotes in the parameter (as per a youtube learning)

can someone please help

5 REPLIES 5
jmartinezb
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @lumjingbki,
Can you provide screenshots of the "Stored Procedures" tab, "SQL Editor" tab and some more information about the error?

Thks.

lumjingbki
8 - Asteroid

@jmartinezb am unable to share the screen shot. can you let me know what details or checks I can perform in the "Stored Procedures" tab, "SQL Editor" tab. 

jmartinezb
6 - Meteoroid

hi, @lumjingbki 

I asked you for screenshots to be able to identify the problem.

Anyway, I think you have a problem with the definition of the connection to the DB (setup).
As I show below, it depends on the connection what you can or cannot see in the query configuration tabs, and the error you are receiving when you run the flow.

I hope this guides you and you can solve the problem by trying different connection providers: SQLncli, ODBC, OLEDB.

community_2024.02.01.0.png

lumjingbki
8 - Asteroid

@jmartinezb  Hi thanks for the details. I had my connection on ODBC and followed this article for solution.

https://knowledge.alteryx.com/index/s/article/No-Columns-Returned-for-Stored-Procedure

Namshad
7 - Meteor

Hi @lumjingbki ,

Could you please describe the method you have used ?

Labels