Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Run Command Not working on Gallery

Paulomi
8 - Asteroid

Hi! I'm trying to copy a template file from the Alteryx file location to the same location with a different name and write the output of the workflow to the same copied template. The run command works perfectly on Designer. When I run it on Gallery, it does not throw out an error, but the template does not get copied AND/OR the data does not get written to the template. Any idea what could be going wrong here? I'm generating the source and destination paths with the help of the [Engine.WorkflowDirectory]. And the source template is already there in the same folder as Alteryx. 

4 REPLIES 4
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Paulomi 

You might want to work with your server admin. I'm not an expert on the inner workings of Gallery/server, but two things come to mind:

1. Does the server have the appropriate permissions to execute commands? 
  2. When you upload to gallery, engine.workflowdirectory likely references a different place than you'd think. You might want to try putting in your exact file paths. 
  3. Are these folders on your local machine or shared network folders? In the past I've had to use the IP address in the folder path rather than the regular path you'd see in file explorer.
Paulomi
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Luke_C , 

1. Does the server have the appropriate permissions to execute commands?  - Yes, I have used Run commands before 
  2. When you upload to gallery, engine.workflowdirectory likely references a different place than you'd think. You might want to try putting in your exact file paths. - I tried changing it to normal path, still did not work.
  3. Are these folders on your local machine or shared network folders? In the past I've had to use the IP address in the folder path rather than the regular path you'd see in file explorer. - I'm trying to save these to the local machine path 

Any suggestions?

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Paulomi 

I think the issue lies in point 3, I don't believe the gallery will have access to your local machine. Take a look at this thread:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Discussions/Local-output-of-a-scheduled-workflow/td-...

Paulomi
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Luke_C - Looks like the local path was an issue. I resorted to a shared drive approach to copy my templates and the solution seemed to work. Thank you for this! 

Labels