Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Row wise Columns Comparison with comluns

KamalChoudhary_in
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I am trying to lookup row wise values from comlun 5,6,7 with 1,2,3,4, or more if exists and highlight the non match values 

Note for words in parenthesis "()" , we can disraged for the seacrh match e.g  London(PC) we will lake London for lookup and (PC) is ignored 

inputDate 

CenterLOBLocation LevelAreaMakretRegion
ASIA HKTaiwan (DC)India (PC)London (DC) Asia China(PC)London(PC)
Asia China (DC) Taiwan (PC)London (DC) Taiwan (PC) ,London (DC)China (PC)

Deisred output we can change text colur or highlight non matching values Asia China and China 

ASIA HKTaiwan (DC)India (PC)London (DC) Asia China(PC)London(PC)
2 REPLIES 2
gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@KamalChoudhary_in 

Very tough challenge, but I managed it somehow. First step is to transpose data in to vertical shape, and parse data, then compare correspondence by join tool, and find unmatched cell. After that, by creating dummy columns for all columns and put "False

" at unmatched cells. After all of this, in table configuration, set text color, and finished.

Please note that more data parse process would be needed depending on your real data. Just for reference, I attach my workflow/

image.png

image.png

image.png

KamalChoudhary_in
7 - Meteor

Hi @gawa ,

Thanks a lot for you help, what if we have additional text available in the column and you want to color only text which is not matching

We want to keep red text along with match values in black like   Taiwan (DC) and London (DC) are add along with red text 

inputDate 

ASIA HKTaiwan (DC)India (PC)London (DC) Asia China(PC),JapanLondon(PC)

Deisred output we can change text colur or highlight non matching values Asia China and China 

ASIA HKTaiwan (DC)India (PC)London (DC) Asia China(PC) , Taiwan (DC)London(PC)
Asia China (DC) Taiwan (PC)London (DC) Taiwan (PC) ,London (DC)China (PC), London (DC)

Labels