Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Round to two decimal places

jkorattiyil
7 - Meteor

Hello - Can someone please help me to understand is there a way we can make all numbers with two decimals. Example, 12 should be 12.00 and 12.1 should be 12.10 etc.

7 REPLIES 7
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

yes. that is fixed decimal. you can use a select tool on a numeric column to set it to 19.2 (for example) which should give you two decimal places.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

and make sure to click the 000 (show numeric separator) in your browse tool.show numeric seperator.png

jkorattiyil
7 - Meteor

Thank ylu for your response! However, it still not adding 2 decimal , like 12 to 12.00.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

it will show in the browse window. Hit the 000 in the upper right hand corner in the results pane in browse. It will not show in the workflow by just clicking on a tool.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@jkorattiyil 

binuacs_0-1649768685555.png

cmw12036
5 - Atom

So the best practice that I have put into action is to make sure that the fixed decimal in the select tool is a fixed decimal with 2 for decimal places and then in the formula tab, if used, to make sure put the 2 in the precision section. You can also use a formula to round in the formula creation screen as well. ("Round([Field],0.01)")

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I'll reiterate... Hit the 000 in the upper right hand corner in the results pane in browse.

Labels