Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Rookie Filter Question

ghtill
7 - Meteor

Basically I would like to filter if there are more than one not null values in a row for certain variables. I searched the forums and could not find an answer any help or direction to resources would be greatly appreciated. 

Would like to filter all rows that have more than one value for room type variable. but have it so it could scale to 20+ room variables as Trying to create unique conditional like: !isnull(Room) and !isnull(Room3) I don't think scales well?

Current example:

IDRoomKeyRoom2Key2Room3Key3
1DWGS2nullnullnullnull
2AGSW1nullnullKLBFnull
3nullnullOPDF3nullnull

Expected after filter:

IDRoomKeyRoom2Key2Room3Key3
2AGSW1nullnullKLBFnull
3 REPLIES 3
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @ghtill,

Great question. If you are ever having to apply a filter or logic to multiple columns often you want to transpose the data onto just one column:

IraWatt_0-1662746616861.png

I do that then only look at room columns and use a summarize to count the distinct room types. If it is more then 1 I join it back onto the origional data getting your results.

This solution uses the transpose tool which can be hard to understand to new users. I would recommend checking out the community Getting-Started-Learning-Path for some context on how they work: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Learning-Paths/Getting-Started-Learning-Path/ta-p/475117#done

Any questions or issues please ask

Ira Watt
Technical Consultant
Watt@Bulien.com 

ghtill
7 - Meteor

@IraWatt Thank you again!!

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@ghtill Similar to @IraWatt solution but used different conditions in the filter tool

binuacs_0-1662761163849.png

Labels