Hello fellow Designers,
When you use a Field Map in a macro and then insert the macro into a workflow, the macro's output retains the field name assigned via the Field Map rather than the datastream's field names.
I'd like to ensure the macro output's field names in the workflow match the input field name(s). This way a user could insert the macro into an existing workflow and not have it break downstream tools due to renaming.
I tried to use a Field Info tool and Dynamic Rename tool within the macro itself (see picture) to "capture" the incoming data's field names and rename the output fields back. However this doesn't appear to work -- the field renaming must be happening intrinsically as part of the Macro Input tool.
I also checked the option in the macro's Interface Designer for "output fields change based on macro's configuration or data input" but that didn't appear to change anything either -- the output is still using the renamed fields based on how I set up the Macro Input tool.
Attempting to override Macro field renaming with Field Map