Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Results Viewing Issue

ijurgensen
7 - Meteor

Good Morning! I've been having an issue where the results tabs on my tools does not show anything unless I put a browse tool on the end of it. I used to be able to preview data by selecting the "out" tab on a tool, but now it's always blank. I don't remember changing anything that would have caused this, and am wondering if there's a setting somewhere that I don't know about...

The image shows an example of the results window from the join tool after I had just run the workflow. No errors or other issues. Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi@ijurgensen 

Try the below.

Options -> User Settings -> Restore defaults.

ShankerV_0-1673444742354.png

ShankerV_1-1673444781962.png

Many thanks

Shanker V

ijurgensen
7 - Meteor

Strangely that did not work.

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

Hi @ijurgensen 

This post seems to have some more details about why this is happening (generally a memory issue):

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/results-window-not-displaying-data-any...

Looks like there are a few possible fixes include the one by ShankerV above, as well as a couple more listed in the post about unchecking Disable All Browse Tools or overriding tool result settings.

ijurgensen
7 - Meteor

Thank you James and ShankerV, I'll take a look at the post and see if I can work it out. 

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @ijurgensen 

As mentioned by @JamesCharnley feel free to do the changes and test whether it works.

As you can do the Restore Default Settings at any time.

Many thanks

Shanker V

ijurgensen
7 - Meteor

ijurgensen_2-1673445413473.png

In the post, this solution worked!!! Thank you!

Labels