Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Reporting: Email tool - configuration

dawid_nawrot
9 - Comet

Hi,

I'm having lots of problems with setting up the E-mail tool. I know it will partially be an "idea" type of topic but I think the configuration of this tool is very poor at the moment considering its potential. 

Using a completely separete e-mail address for sending only. Is it possible? I have problem with SMTP, even if I specify the address I get "Unable to send e-mail: SMTP Failure" with nothing else, which of course doesn't help. 

What is the best way to use this tool? Autodetect feature is not good in any company with tight security as I would want to send e-mails from any IP which means special whielisting is no go.. 

--

Another question.. how can we change "From" header (not From Email, but From... this kind of syntax   "name" Email@domain.com doesn't work)

How do you use this tool? Anybody else having troubles, or tips/best practices?

1 REPLY 1
Cristian
9 - Comet

Try to export data in a useful format and then feed BLAT  (http://www.blat.net/), the command line utility that sends eMail using SMTP, with the messages, emails list and attachements. BLAT is rock solid and can process thousands of outgoing emails quickly.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Cristian.

Labels