Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Report generation with Render tool

praneshsapmm
8 - Asteroid

Dear Community ,

I have this requirement to generate single report with Render tool . 

I have this 3 reports generated from same input , as show below : 

1. Sort by Area

2.Sort by Site

3.Sort by Unit

Now i have these report written 3 different sheets . Is there anyway in can merge these reports in one excel within 3 tabs .

There is no common data within these reports to group . Any help .

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
wwatson
12 - Quasar

You can save the data into separate sheets in a workbook using the output tool. You will have to use the Stop until done tool to allow each sheet to save before adding the next sheet.

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @praneshsapmm 

The Render tool has the ability to render to multiple Excel sheets, but it's a little tricky. Here's the general steps:

- Prepare each report as a separate layout field.

- Use a Formula tool to assign a "Sheet Name" field which the label you'd like on each sheet tab. 

- Use a Layout tool to combine the fields "Vertical with Section Breaks" and use the "Section Name" as field option in the tool to select the sheet names you assigned. Section breaks are rendered as different sheets in the Excel format. 

- Now you can Render the Output and the sheets will each render with the names you assigned. 

It's important to note that the sheets will always be ordered by name. If you'd like to force the order of sheets, I suggest numeric prefix like: "1. Sort by Unit", "2. Sort by Area", "3. Sort by Size"

I've attached an example workflow to show this in action. Let me know if you have any questions. 

praneshsapmm
8 - Asteroid
Thankyou Charlie . It worked perfect.
Labels