Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Report Text Not Aligning Correctly?

rebusi1
6 - Meteoroid

Hi!

I am generating a report using Alteryx and the headers are not staying in alignment. I have checked 10 times if I highlighted the whole text and clicked the "Align Left" button so that is not the problem. Has anyone ever had issues with this before or found a fix? 

Thank you!

This is what my output looks like, even though the Report Text tool is all aligned left. 

header problems.jpg

This is my configuration of the Report Text

header configuration.jpg

  

4 REPLIES 4
ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

@rebusi1 

- What Alteryx version do you have? 

Can you send us a simplified version of your workflow and sample data if possible, so we can easily test on our end?

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @rebusi1 I've created a very simple but similar workflow to what you are trying to do and seems to be working perfectly fine for me.

If you could share your workflow or adjust my workflow to make it as close to your version as possible and then resend it here I can try to investigate in more detail?

joe_lipski_0-1614253169833.png

joe_lipski_1-1614253210923.png

Joe Lipski
ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

@rebusi1 I was not able to reproduce it either. I tested it in versions 2020.4 and 2021.1. 

douglas_leeks_cg
5 - Atom

I had the same issue where I was using a Layout tool after the Text tool. In the Layout tool config under "Per Row Configuration", there is an "Alignment (H)" option for the relevant field. Changing this from "Center" to "Left" fixed the issue for me. This was using 2021.3.

Hopefully this applies here as well. 

Labels