Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Replicating the (Excel ) formula drag function across multiple columns in Alteryx

imo1810
5 - Atom

Hi

I was wondering if there is a way to use the formula (or another tool) to multiply or divide or subtract across multiple columns in Alteryx. A few examples if I have a column for each month of the year and a different exchange rate for each month how can i quickly multiply the values for each month by the appropriate exchange rate.

In the example below how would I get all rows to be calculated in the "MMM GBP" Columns without having to use a formula for each column.

Item                       Currency        Exchange rate        Jan         Feb    .....       Dec           Jan GBP         Feb GBP   .....   Dec GBP

Salesman 1             EUR                   0.9                    500         400                100

Salesman 2             USD                   0.8                    800         200                400

Salesman 3             GBP                     1                     500         400                200

Salesman 4             GBP                     1                     300         400                500

Salesman 5             USD                   0.8                    200         600                700

Happy to upload an example if the question above is not clear enough

2 REPLIES 2
L_T
8 - Asteroid

Hi @imo1810,

I have used a multi-field formula in the workflow attached.

Let me know if this works!

imo1810
5 - Atom

Thank you - That works perfectly

Labels