Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Replacement for Folder Browse on Gallery

HannahBrauer223
5 - Atom

I have a workflow that outputs to 4 different files (one file has 2 tabs). I want the end user on the server to be able to select where the output files are saved. The folder browse tool works great on Designer for this, but I need to this to be able to work on the gallery. Is there a way to accomplish this where:

1. The user does not have to explicitly name the file (or their name is overwritten) and

2. The user does not need to select the location for all 5 output tools. 

I was trying to see if I could get the file path out of the File Browse tool so that I can edit to get just the folder and replace the value in each of the input tools using that. 

1 REPLY 1
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I am working on exactly this with someone else - in theory, you can use the File Browse tool connected to a Directory tool, with the Action tool being set to "Update Value with Formula" and having the formula cut off the file name from the full path (giving you in essence the folder name). Happy to give the formula if you give me an initial starting workflow!

However, my concern (and something I haven't been able to test) is that the Server NEEDS to be able to access that folder then somehow - unless it's a network drive that Server has access to already, I don't think this option can work...

Labels