Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Replace values in multiple columns in one go

Deepvijay
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I've a situation like in the snapshot. All I need is to replace "True" "False" with 1 & 0 (1 is True of course). Is there any way through which I can do this in one go rather than going to each column for replacement?

Any hope?

Thanks,

Deepvijay_0-1607097815330.png

4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Murray
12 - Quasar

Hi @Deepvijay,

You're looking for the multifield formula tool.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Multi-Field-Formula/ta... 

Hope that helps,

Greg

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Deepvijay,

As @Greg_Murray said you could use a multi-field formula to apply a formula to more than one column at a time.

Input:

Jonathan-Sherman_1-1607099457294.png

In your multi-field formula tool you'll want to select the fields to convert, select change output type checkbox to convert the field to a byte (or numeric data type) and create your expression. Depending on whether your fields (True/False) are stored as boolean or strings you'll need to use the appropriate formula:

Multi-Field formula tool configuration (using expression for strings):

Jonathan-Sherman_0-1607099439358.png

Bool data type expression:

IF [_CurrentField_] = 1
THEN 1
ELSE 0
ENDIF

String data type expression:

IF ToString([_CurrentField_]) = 'True'
THEN 1
ELSE 0
ENDIF

Output:

Jonathan-Sherman_0-1607098992106.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

Deepvijay
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for your help. 🙂

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Deepvijay 

Here is a short interactive lesson which will give you an understanding of Multi-Filed formula tool.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Multi-Field-Formulas/ta-p/424422#done

Hope this helps 🙂

Cheers and Happy Analyzing 😀

Labels