Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Replace Double inverted Comma

SagarGite
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I am trying to replace double inverted comma(") with null value in excel file. Not able to perform with "Replace(String, Target, Replacement)", it will be great if you can support me on this.

Regards,

5 REPLIES 5
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @SagarGite,

I have created a workflow for you.

If the column name will be equal to " it would replace it with null.

Emil_Kos_0-1613731262260.png

The formula is:

IIF([Field1]='"', null(), [Field1])

SanderHuegen
5 - Atom

Hey SagarGite,

try this:

Replace(string, "''", Null())

it should give a null value 

greeting, 

sander

SagarGite
7 - Meteor

Thanks for quick turn around on this.

Provided workflow is not working for double inverted comma's present in between the text.

Suppose Cell Contain following information, from I want to replace " with null.

TREATMENT OF PARKINSON'S DISEASE INITIALLY AS MONOTHERAPY OR IN COMBINATION WITH LEVODOPA, OVER THE COURSE OF THE DISEASE, WHEN THE EFFECT OF LEVODOPA WEARS OFF OR BECOMES INCONSISTENT AND FLUCTUATIONS IN THE THERAPEUTIC EFFECT OCCUR ("END OF DOSE" OR "ON-OFF" TYPE FLUCTUATIONS).

Can you please check for this.
thanks in advance

SanderHuegen
5 - Atom

if it was at the beginning or end of the line you could you the build in removequotes() function.

But you could also do a text to coulmns with the quotes as delimiters and then paste the columns back together as a strange workaround. downside is the dynamic amount of quotes in your text i guess. 

i added the workflow for that.

SanderHuegen_0-1613735260423.png

good luck!

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @SagarGite 

You will be able to replace the " with empty spaces, but not a null value if it is in a populated text field already.

You can use the replace([Field],'"','') to replace the " with nothing for the populated text field.

If you want to check if a field contains a " and then make the whole field null(), this is the function you need to look at: if contains([Field],'"') then null() else [Field] endif

Please let us know based on the example you provided, how the output should look like.

Pedro.

Labels