Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Render tool - unable to display Chinese characters in PDF format

Wen-Yu
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am trying to produce a report in Chinese using the render tool.  The PDF output was unable to display Chinese characters properly, but was okay if I select the output in word format.  The results window under both PDF and word modes generated warning messages on the font styles.  Has anyone run into the same issue?

I am using the latest Alteryx version (2019.3.5).  The workflow and output files were attached below.

Thank you.

Wen-Yu

4 REPLIES 4
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You're probably not going to like this answer, but I don't think there's much you can do about the direct pdf output besides let Alteryx know and see if they're able to provide and update in the future. 

Onto a solution for now, I would take the path of writing the .docx and then executing Visual Basic script (via the Run Command tool in Alteryx) that uses Word and saves the .docx as a .pdf. 

Here's a Stack Overflow post with more information:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8807153/vbscript-to-convert-word-doc-to-pdf 

Wen-Yu
5 - Atom

Thanks @CharlieS, this works.  Agreed that this is not perfect and I noted @StephenF has raised this issue to Designer Ideas.  Hope Alteryx can fix this in near future. 

Karlygash_M
8 - Asteroid

Hello

I am trying to run vbs script, but getting an error "failed to run extertnal program"

Karlygash_M_0-1681298582944.png

jocarvaj
5 - Atom

Change the font on the Report Text Tool

Labels