Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Render Tool's Excel output not totaling columns decimal

xAJBx
7 - Meteor

I have a workflow that outputs a foremated Excel file.  All the data is included with decimals but when I highlight the column to get the total at the bottom of the excel file it truncates the decimal off.  What is weird is that the file outputs the column as a "number" data type in excel.  Selecting the column and reselecting "number" for the data type resolves the issue, which means the numbers are there for the math to add up but for some reason is not available initially.   Has anyone seen this? before re-selecting data typebefore re-selecting data typeselecting same data typeselecting same data typeafter selecting same data typeafter selecting same data type

3 REPLIES 3
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

What's your Output Data Tool's configuration look like, and the most recent select tool prior to the Output Data Tool?

xAJBx
7 - Meteor

I am actually using a Render Tool to produce the file.  Thank you for any guidance.Render_Tool.PNGSelect_Tool.PNG

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I've not tried outputting to a formatted Excel sheet from a render tool.  I always use the output tool for that.  

Labels