Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Render Tool - Version 2022.03

TomHunter
5 - Atom

Hi! 

I am working on an established Alteryx workflow which has been rolled forward from the prior year to analyze current year data. The workflow generates various reports, converts the reports into tables and then unions them into a single render tool. The Render tool segments the tables into groupings and within each grouping - there are 5 custom tabs (one from each table). Historically - the render tool worked perfectly as it grouped the data, as desired, but also maintained the custom formatting established in each table. 

In updating my Alteryx Designer application to Version 2022.03 - I found that the Render tool became corrupted as the various tables would concurrently overwrite to the same files thus resulting in a corrupted output. However, when I reverted back to Version 2022.1.1 - I found that the render tool worked perfectly (I did not change the Render tool logic, or any other logic in the workflow, between the two different versions). 

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? If so - is anyone aware as to the timing when there will be a patch to fix this bug?

Thanks!

Tom

3 REPLIES 3
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@TomHunter Can you turn off the AMP engine (Options-User Settings - Use AMP Engine for all new workflows )and try to run the workflow?

TomHunter
5 - Atom

Thanks Binuacs! This is very helpful & greatly appreciated. Out of curiosity - what does the AMP Engine do / why was that the fundamental issue?

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

https://help.alteryx.com/20223/designer/alteryx-amp-engine

The issue here is that multi-threaded access to renders means multiple invoking of the Render tool - that's bad because each time the render tool is invoked it creates/overwrites the specific file that's been fed in. Multiple sheet excel files + Render + AMP can create a situation where only one sheet per file is created.

Labels