Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Render Tool Difference in 2021.4 and 2022.3

ArmedPenguin
7 - Meteor

I know I'm not on the most recent version, but 2022.3 is what my company has approved to use right now. 

My issue is I have a flow I designed in 2021.4 that renders multiple tables to a single xlsx. I have it set to "Group Data into Separate Reports" based on a date field and prepend the file name with that date field. In 2021.4 it generates 1 file with each table on it's own tab, which is exactly what I want. However in 2022.3, it only outputs the first table/record. If I try to change it to "Insert Section Breaks between Records", which the render tool documentation says will create a new sheet, it actually creates multiple files of the same name and I only end up with the last table/record because it overwrites the file each time.

Is there a better way to dynamically add a date to the file name, but still have all the tables in the same file?

This is the what is being sent into the render tool:

image.png

This is what the render configuration is that I've been trying

image.png

2 REPLIES 2
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

What does your layout tool look like before your render tool? And assuming tihs workflow worked in 2021.4 - have you a) checked to see any known bugs/patches for 2022.3 b) considered downgrading to 2021.4 (I'm running only 2021.4 or 2022.1 personally)

ArmedPenguin
7 - Meteor

The answer was to turn off the AMP engine. For some reason that runs differently in the newer version.

Labels