Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Render Table to an existing excel file

sanketkatoch05
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

Is it possible to add the Table that I have created through Alteyx to an existing excel file on my system? I'm not sure whether the Render tool can create new excel sheets on existing files.  

4 REPLIES 4
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @sanketkatoch05 

Not possible Render tool default and only mode is overwrite file.

sanketkatoch05
8 - Asteroid

Hi @atcodedog05,

Any other way out you have wherein I can add the data created using the Table tool to a new sheet in an existing workbook?

lowlounger
5 - Atom

That's a really good question. You can create two separate outputs that impact the same workbook. They just have to output to two separate tabs.

If you are having problems with the outputs conflicting (because they are both trying to save to the same file at the same time then you can add a delay to ensure that the tabs are added only after the other tabs have been added to the excel file. 

This is an example that I worked on a while back. Obviously these don't have a table being added to a separate tab but I imagine that you'll still be able to use a similar concept.

lowlounger_0-1628547536052.png

sanketkatoch05
8 - Asteroid

Hi @lowlounger,

Thanks for replying, 

The problem here is that it won't be able to add tables to the sheet. if I input the table data as a new input using an INPUT tool, it would simply convert that data to a normal tabular format which is what I don't want. I want my new sheet to have data that looks like the one I have created using the Table and Layout tools. 

Labels