Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Renaming Macro Output Columns via Question

grandepaci
6 - Meteoroid

Hello everyone,

a few people helped me create this macro to count ID's based on another ID Max Value.

I wanted to insert a function inside that macro that lets me rename my resulting columns ID and Key_Generation_ID.

A select Tool after it is a possible solution, but i would like to find something inside the macro.

The new name should be typed in manually by the user.

grandepaci_0-1656684997223.png

This Question field appears at the beginning of the macro to choose my ID column for the calculation.

Is there a way to insert textfields wich rename those columns into my typed text?

grandepaci_1-1656685034441.png

Sincerely

Gabriel

3 REPLIES 3
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@grandepaci,

Not sure I understood well your need but below how you can add text box inside a macro :

messi007_0-1656686913638.png

Below the when you call the macro

messi007_1-1656687081342.png

Attached the workflow,

Hope this helps,

Regards

DataNath
17 - Castor

@grandepaci I don't think you'd be able to change the name of your ID field within the macro, as you have to map this to the Input using the existing field name that feeds into the macro, in order for the Formula tool to work. Happy to see if this is possible though and if this can dynamically re-feed into itself. For the Key Generation ID, I believe the attached should work.

DataNath_0-1656687204634.png

grandepaci
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks,

i replaced the Formula with the Dynamic Formula Tool, to specify my columns changed with the Values of the Text Boxes.

The results are the renamed Columns.

grandepaci_0-1656690068731.png

Sincerely

Gabriel

Labels