Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Rename fields on multiple tabs in one excel sheet

jportello
7 - Meteor

I have 4 files with quarterly data in each file - the files have one month of data on each tab. For example - Q1 2023 file has three tabs - Jan, Feb, Mar; and they all have the same data headers. 

I need to rename the data header "iFileID" to "Invoice #" on each tab, for each file. How can I do that? 

3 REPLIES 3
Prometheus
12 - Quasar

@jportello Can you please upload some dummy data so it's easier to conceptualize?

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

First, you need to either use Dynamic Input tool or a Batch Macro to call in all files and all sheets into one single dataset. In your Input tool, you'll need to get the name of the file and the sheet name as well so that this will serve as your Grouping.

Then, just use a Filter tool to get rid of headers found in the data. From there, use a Select tool to rename that column of choice.

Then, use a Formula tool to write out the path using the File Name and Sheet name I mentioned earlier. Then, connect it to your Output tool, and please make sure to tick the configuration at the bottom left to change entire file path, and reference the path made in the Formula tool.

Then you will end up with 4 files and 3 sheets each, and each of the datasets inside will have the correct field name. 

If you wish for the community to do it, please follow @Prometheus ' advice and provide sample data so that we can show you as well.

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
Raj
14 - Magnetar

Find the solution attached ,Hope this help

Labels