Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Removing things

Ahasan13
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I have things that start with the word "Total" for example "Total for 4900 Other Miscellaneous Income" or "Total for 8330 Gas & Electric". There are a lot of these that are different but all start with "Total", I was wondering if there is a way for me to remove things that start with the word "Total"? Please let me know this would be a huge help!

5 REPLIES 5
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

By remove things - I assume you mean - "Filter out" if so - try exploring the regex_match function. I'd use something like

!regex_match([field1],"^Total.*")

which means - any record in field1 which doesn't start with Total will be True -and any that do would be in the false anchor.

Ahasan13
7 - Meteor

Hi I think this could work, 

Ahasan13_0-1674618041643.png

This is what I see so no idea where to input, sorry still new to Alteryx.

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @Ahasan13 

Please check if it helps...

ShankerV_0-1674618205082.png

Note: The workflow used to achieve the solution is attached which can be downloaded to see how the solution works.

If you believe your problem has been resolved. Please mark helpful answers as a solution so that future users with the same problem can find them more easily!!!!

Many thanks

Shanker V

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @Ahasan13 

Executed with different inputs, same result.

ShankerV_0-1674618372237.png

If you believe your problem has been resolved. Please mark helpful answers as a solution so that future users with the same problem can find them more easily!!!!

Many thanks

Shanker V

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @Ahasan13 

If you need to save the result in the same column. Use the column name where the output needs to be stored.

ShankerV_0-1674618455868.png

ShankerV_1-1674618475979.png

So it will save in the same column.

Note: The workflow used to achieve the solution is attached which can be downloaded to see how the solution works.

Many thanks

Shanker V

Labels