Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Recreate Concatenate

jmmart08
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I am trying to figure out a way to create a working concatenate in Alteryx to take the place of a spreadsheet I have attempted to build.  In my attached Alteryx CDPO Example sheet, this is the result of a file that I run through Alteryx to sort and group these items by the pairoff no column (A).  I entered a space after each grouping by column A so it can be read clearly.  From this point, I then have to fit this information into a concatenated message which I have attached labeled Alteryx CDPO Template Ex.  There are several issues with my template, 1 being that I don't know how many items will show up per like pairoff no in Column A (so I didn't build to incorporate more than 2 items together and not sure how to solve in excel)  so I am trying to find a solution in Alteryx where I can group these using the logic in my template and have a final output in txt format that is like my concatenated message in column A on the Txt Template tab within this sheet.

Any guidance to give me at least a start would be GREATLY appreciated.  Thank you very much!

2 REPLIES 2
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @jmmart08 

This is really unclear can you please explain this in a few simple steps.

jmmart08
8 - Asteroid

Hi @atcodedog05 

Thank you for responding.  Sorry I'll try to explain in more detail.  I am trying to fit the entries on the Alteryx CDPO Example spreadsheet into the concatenated message I have in Column A on the  Alteryx CDPO Template.  I need to group them by the pairoff no (column A on the Alteryx CDPO Example spreadsheet) and use the logic I have built in the Alteryx CDPO Template sheet.  I am just uncertain of how to do so through Alteryx.  With the concatenated message, I then copy to a .txt file and upload to an internal system.  Let me know if I need to provide further information.

Thank you very much.

Labels