Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

RecordID reset formula

gabrielmier222
7 - Meteor

I need a fromula (thinking multi-formula) that resets the RecordID back down to 1, when the date in a cell is different than the one above it. 

Example below is the excel desired output

gabrielmier222_0-1683737560614.png

12 REPLIES 12
john_walker
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Based on your screenshot, you have NULLs in your date field, so my multi row formula is checking if the date above is NULL and the current date is not null - that's what does the reset of the record. Hope this helps.

gabrielmier222
7 - Meteor

Sorry for the confusion John, the previous screenshot is from an excel file I'm using for reference.

The screenshot below is the data that's being run in Alteryx. I'm trying to have the line after 23, reset to 1 and continue. I hope that's a bit more clear. Thanks in advance

gabrielmier222_0-1683739450916.png

john_walker
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

OK, I provided an updated version. Please mark as solved if this helps - thanks!

gabrielmier222
7 - Meteor

Worked, but the RecordID does not continue in Sequence. Is this fixable? 

Snag_4ddf5c93.png

john_walker
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Can you attached a sample of this file? Hard to tell as I can't see the date field etc. If not, I would just make sure your expression in the multi-row formula tool looks similar to this: if [DateFld] != [Row-1:DateFld] then 1 else [Row-1:Record] + 1 endif

Sample workflow:

Data before multi row formula:

john_walker_0-1683743340660.png

Data after multi row formula

john_walker_1-1683743354759.png

natashaklebba
5 - Atom

Of course, John here's the workflow!

gabrielmier222
7 - Meteor

Good morning, John,

I'm following up on the above :)

john_walker
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi - can you export as a package - I don't have access to the General Ledger Journal Entries xls file in the workflow.

gabrielmier222
7 - Meteor

Wasn't sure how to do that John. I replaced the file with a text input tool and copied the headers over.

Labels