Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Reconciling Mosaic Household Distributions from Allocate Input tool

dgzyreyn2021
5 - Atom

Hello,

I'm working with Alteryx Designer (2021.1.4.26400) with the US Business Insights data bundle. My question is specific to the Experian US - Most Recent Vintage Dataset (Q1 2021 Release v.8.6) within the Allocate Input tool. Even more specifically, the Mosaic Household Distributions. Please find a screenshot image attached (Mosaic Household Distributions.png).

Relying on the attached workflow, I generated Residential Mosaic Household counts by Mosaic segment/cluster for the entire US. I then calculated the % composition for each Mosaic segment/cluster. Please see the output in columns A through F of the attachment (Experian Mosaic Segment Distributions Investigation.xlsx). 

My expectation was the % composition numbers (generated in the attached workflow) would reconcile with the 'HH %' numbers reported in the attached Mosaic USA Grand Index.xlsx workbook (Primary Content tab). I incorporated the 'HH %' numbers into Experian Mosaic Segment Distributions Investigation.xlsx and as you can see in column M, the numbers don't match up. In some cases (e.g. segment F22), there are significant differences.

The entire reason for going through this process is we're looking to benchmark our customer household distributions (by Mosaic segment/cluster) against the US distributions. Depending on which numbers we rely on, the results could be significantly different. In other words, benchmarking against the output of the workflow could lead to completely different results as compared to relying on the 'HH %' numbers from the Mosaic USA Grand Index.xlsx workbook. 

I'm really hoping to a) understand the differences and b) determine the set of numbers that makes the most sense for the purpose stated above. Hopefully this makes sense but please let me know if I can provide further clarification.

Thanks,

Dave

1 REPLY 1
DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @dgzyreyn2021 

for this, i think you will get quicker response by writing to your account manager who probably will help to link you with Experian team.

This package is not available to the general Alteryx designer users, so you have a lower chance of getting a solution here

dawn 

Labels