Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Rearranging Positions - Use Output Data Tool

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi Guys,

I have this excel file that I would like to arrange its positions that would reflect using the Output Data Tool. Current results look like this:

record table.JPG

And I wanted it to be converted or look like this:

record table1.JPG

I hope anyone would help me with this kind of results

Thanks,

Kamen.

8 REPLIES 8
rzdodson
12 - Quasar

@KamenRider here is one approach.

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi @rzdodson

Thanks for the response. However, is it possible to use the output data tool? We will not be using table and render tool. The reason is that the output which is the sheet tab is being appended in another excel. I have use the render tool and the result remove the other sheet tabs which is being overwritten with this result.

Please advise.

thanks,

Kamen

rzdodson
12 - Quasar

@KamenRider add a Union tool connecting the top Select tool with the Multi-Field Formula tool. Then, attach an Output tool to the Union tool. Then, change the Output Options to Append To Existing Sheet.

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi @rzdodson 

Thanks. Can I ask for a sample workflow. I am wondering what's in the multi-formula tool. 

Thanks,

Kamen

rzdodson
12 - Quasar

@KamenRider open the workflow that was a part of my first reply. It is the second tool to the right of the Text Input tool in the second row of the workflow.

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

HI @rzdodson 

See workflow below, got some error. I'm not sure how to get rid of it although it was able to copy the result in the destination excel file.

error destination2.PNG

ERROR

error destination.PNG

Please advise.

Kamen

binuacs
20 - Arcturus
KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Great Job! @binuacs . You nailed it.

Thanks you so much!

Kamen