Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Reading multiple excel files with passwords

davidogundipe
8 - Asteroid

Hey, 

I'm trying to compare multiple excel spreadsheets to one another. In order to open up the spreadsheets, I need to use the directory tool because they're password protected. Is there a way to open multiple password-protected files from the directory and inputting their passwords? I found a solution on this issue when there's one file. The solution used R and it worked fine, but I'm not sure how to do this with multiple files? Please let me know if you can help. 

Update:

I've attached a workflow below of me opening one password protected file "mock batch payment February". The password is "Password4". However, this doesn't even seem to be opening anymore. I keep getting a WriteYXDBStreaming() error on the R code. Please let me know if you can help me with these issues.

11 REPLIES 11
davidogundipe
8 - Asteroid

This is almost perfect, but for some reason it's only reading 2/4 of my files. Right before the browse tool I'm getting an error saying "There was an error in Write YXDBStreaming. I really don't understand what this error means, I've tried to research it, but I couldn't find anything. 

Fyi here are the passwords to the files I'm using

mock_mf_v2- Password1
mock_mf_v1 - Password2
mbp_Jan - Password3
mbp_Feb - Password4

davidogundipe
8 - Asteroid

This is my last question regarding this (hopefully). I've been trying to understand the "[Engine.Iteration Number] + 1 = ID" logic in the filter tool, but I can't seem to understand why only one instance is being recognized as "True" when I believe both instances should be true? Understanding this would help me move forward with this macro, please help if you understand. Thanks. I've attached the macro and the files I'm using. 

Labels