Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Reading a file saved from previous day (as csv) > checking it for duplicates account etc..

chiragpatel_1
8 - Asteroid

Morning,

I have a workflow which runs for previous day (daily) and currently saves accounts and their status's (e.g. 'A' for active) in an excel file in a designated location.

When the workflow is ran again, just before it saves and overwrites the file, I want it to check the already saved file against the current data that has just ran, for matching account and status and if any has been found exclude those accounts from current data then make it overwrite the file and save.

What is the best way to do this?

Many thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@chiragpatel_1 one option import the previous day file and compare with the current data, exclude the matching records and over write it. Use the Block Until Dine tool for  writing to the same file 

chiragpatel_1
8 - Asteroid

Thank you but will it be possible for you to give me an example workflow, fairly new to Altreyx, it would be massive help

chiragpatel_1
8 - Asteroid

Any update?

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@chiragpatel_1 Few questions, I suppose the input file for this workflow is from yesterday's date, and what about the output file saved on which date? When you run the second time are you going to use the same file or a different file? When you run the second time the 1st run output file and the second input file need to be compared then what records need to be included? There will be 3 sets of records 1. Matching records (exist in both files), 2. Records only exist in the input file 3. Record only in the output file (new records)

Labels