Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Reading a .GZ file via Alteryx

Bhawna_Sardana
5 - Atom

Hi Everyone -

I am trying to read a .GZ file via Alteryx 'Input Data tool' but its giving me an error - No File specified in zip/gzip archieve

Can the team please advise me how to read a .GZ file ( The file is really huge)

Thanks

Bhawna

3 REPLIES 3
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Bhawna_Sardana - Yes, indeed. You did not specify a file in the archive. Please select a file that you would like to read:

GZ.jpg

You may also want to review the following documentation: https://help.alteryx.com/current/en/designer/data-sources/gzip-file-support.html#gzip-file-support 

Bhawna_Sardana
5 - Atom

Hi there - thanks for your reply

but here is what i have in my workflow 

The file path has specified in 'Connect a File or Database ' section 

and in the File in Archive section - it only displays an option for 'Parse file as ,csv'

I have attached the snapshot and it still gives me an error stating that - 'Can't find the file'

Please let me know.

Thanks

Bhawna

Christian_K
5 - Atom

Yes, I also have this error. Alteryx automatically assumes that the filename in the .gz-file is "datafile.csv", and one does not have the possibility to change the file name. I then tried to open the workflow-file with a text editor and search & replace the "datafile.csv" into the correct name of the file inside the .gz-file. But it still does not find a file in the .gz archive.

If the file is zipped as a .zip-file, it is no problem and Alteryx allows selecting the file inside the archive. Unfortunately our data supplier does not offer sending the file zipped as .zip.

Am I overlooking something, or was someone able to solve this issue?

(Alteryx-Version: 2022.3.1.430)

Labels