Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Read in 4 files and put in order by day

ewassell
8 - Asteroid

We run a semi monthly payroll.  I need to read in 4 files from a timespan to compute whether the employee should receive PTO. I need some help getting all the hours for the all the days to compute how many they have total for the last 2 months.  Here is an example of the files. I'm sure this is going to be a crsso-tab/transpose type of solution which I still struggle with.

2 REPLIES 2
Prometheus
12 - Quasar

@ewassell If they all have the same schema, you can sort them on creation date then pipe them into a Dynamic Input tool. If a file doesn't have the same schema as the first one that's read, it'll be skipped.

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

If the layouts (schemas) are exactly the same in all sheets (same field names, same number of fields, same data type for each field), 

then you don't even need a Dynamic Input tool.  Just use a wildcard in the file name in a regular Input Data tool.

Check out this article:

The Ultimate Input Data Flowchart
Community > Designer > Designer Knowledge > The Ultimate Input Data Flowchart
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/The-Ultimate-Input-Data-Flowchart/t...

Chris

Labels