Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Read count once output file is generated

code2data
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am extracting data from a database and saving data as an Excel file. I need to send the email with the source record count and no of records count from the output file. I am able to get the source count but can you plz help me how to get the record count once the file is generated?

code2data_0-1649274146936.png

4 REPLIES 4
DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @code2data 

You will just need to include a Count Records tool (found under the Transform section) before your output tool. This will count the number of records passing through the data stream that you can then use elsewhere.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@code2data as @DavidSkaife suggested you can add a count record tool like below

binuacs_0-1649279923084.png

code2data
5 - Atom

Hi DavidSkaife  and binuacs:

Thank you for your input. I am aware of the record count tool, as marked in below screenshot I want to find the count of the records in the file generated as output

code2data_0-1649281635295.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@code2data you can use the Block Until Done tool and connect output tool and the record count tool

binuacs_0-1649282066091.png

Labels