Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Read and write using input and output...Takes more than 2 hours within Alteryx Server

Raj_007
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

Could someone please guide me in the right direction - This is what I have

Input Tool

1).Using Oci we pull data from an  AWS oracle database1 UNION with another dataset which is again AWS  oracle database

2) few simple calculations - very simple - around 5 to 6 calculated fields

Output Tool:

3).Write data into the SQL server using the output tool - using odbc write data into a table/overwrite the table/drop

4).transaction size is specificed as 95,000

5).dataset from both sources - record count is almost 1.2 Million records

what i tried

1).When i run the oracle queries which has windows functions, derived tables - I can see the 1.2 million records fetched around 450 seconds

in SQL developer when i go to the last record - on the top you can see the how many records fetched in how many seconds

2).I have all derived tables which uses windows functions - tried to use connect in DB but the ordrer by is an issue

3).Can the source system help - no - we just have to live with it and use it as is

any possible options that i can explore

3 REPLIES 3
Prometheus
12 - Quasar

@Raj_007 Have you tried profiling to see where the biggest slowdown is? If you remote into the server and open up Designer, then run the workflow from there, once it's done it'll show you which tools used what percentage of resources/time. That way, you'd at least be able to narrow down where the issue is occurring. 

Performance Profiling.PNG

Raj_007
8 - Asteroid

Hi Prometheus, thanks a lot for your time; 

i did this when i was in designer and it is showing that the 2 queries are taking too long (most of the % value is on those 2 queries

But

when it comes to the Alteryx server i cannot get into the remote server, so i cannot open the file that it writes into the C drive

if i change the temporary files to a specific folder - i am no sure if the server will acccess my local drive to write the log file

le me try that

Raj_007
8 - Asteroid

Capture.PNG

This is how i see in the server - 79% and 19% are the ones with the queries

Labels