Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Read PDF Data

Ramyasri_1997
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

I have a repetitive work every other where I receive Pdf files via email and I have to copy the specific values from the PDF to an excel where I save them in a common drive where other team mates can access. Here my task is to copy Subtotal less discount, total tax and balance Due. copy the values and paste them in an excel in the respective month filed.so the values have to be saved as per the month like if I received feb 2023 PDF file the values have to be updated in feb column.  can I do this automated using alteryx. I have attached the pdf file and common share drive sheet. please share a work flow.

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
Ramyasri_1997
7 - Meteor

Hi,  I have a repetitive work every other where I receive Pdf files via email and I have to copy the specific values from the PDF to an excel where I save them in a common drive where other team mates can access. Here my task is to copy Subtotal less discount, total tax and balance Due. copy the values and paste them in an excel in the respective month filed.so the values have to be saved as per the month like if I received feb 2023 PDF file the values have to be updated in feb column.  can I do this automated using alteryx. I have attached the pdf file and common share drive sheet. please share a work flow. Thanks 

NMangera
10 - Fireball

Absolutely can be automated with Alteryx.

1. Image Input tool to read in a PDF file

2. Formula tool to conduct the analysis

3. Output tool to export the results. 

The Image Input tool is part of the Intelligence Suite package and requires an additional license.

Ramyasri_1997
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Thanks for the solution. how do I do it for excel to excel.

lets say I have data from A1 to z99 cells and I requires data only from certain fields ex: c33,b33,D33 and copy that in an excel in the specific month. Please include the work flow if possible .

will be Helpful.

Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

@Ramyasri_1997 ,

I understand you want to get the value of a cell from its Row and Column.

Input Table (A1 .. Z99)

Yoshiro_Fujimori_0-1680489793321.png

Workflow

You input the Cell number in "Cell" Table and you will get the value.

Yoshiro_Fujimori_2-1680489897661.png

Output

Yoshiro_Fujimori_1-1680489865326.png

If you have specific months connected to the Cell number, you can replace it with the value you get in the above workflow.

Good luck.

Labels