Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

R studio Integration into Alteryx

Karthik24
7 - Meteor

I am trying to create data that can do Network Diagram visualization. I am thinking to work on it using R studio. Can someone help me with how do I install R? Also if my understanding is right. I tried installing Analytics App but it throws the following error 'Analytics App Starter Kit can not continue'.  

4 REPLIES 4
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Hey - not 100% sure what you are trying to do. Rstudio and Alteyrx are totally separate programs. You can develop code and port from one to the other but maintaining package version control may be difficult (especially in Alteryx). If you are using both - I strongly recommend creating a shared R library space. 

Karthik24
7 - Meteor

I have previously used R studio inside Alteryx. Just like the Python tool, can we not use R studio as a tool inside Alteryx? 

Karthik24
7 - Meteor

Also when I try to download Alteryx Analytic Starter Kit I get Alteryx not installed error. How do I resolve it?

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

We can use R. R is a language - like Python. RStudio is a code platform like VS Code... Yes - you can use R in Alteryx. Your error probably relates to where your system thinks Alteryx is installed - and where it actually is installed. I think I had to troubleshoot this once and it involved looking at registry and making changes there... This might help:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Error-quot-Alteryx-is-not-installed...

Labels